Friday, November 11, 2011

We Remember You Today and Everyday!

We Remember You Today and Everyday!
I never want to take for granite the freedom I have in the great nation of ours. I praise God that I live in a nation that is protected by soldiers, both men and women, who wake up every morning with just one goal in mind: to fight for freedom. Because of what they do the United States of America remains free. Soldiers spend many days, weeks, months and even years away from their loved ones to meet this goal. There are those who have already laid down their lives for all of us to be able to enjoy this incredible experience called freedom.

The bible says, "There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." (John 15:13). The love that they have is unfailing, and it is displayed by their bravery and dedication. Our heavenly Father is the author of unfailing love — steadfast love. The psalmist says “Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.” (Psalm 143:8).

If you are a soldier or a loved one of a soldier I feel we owe you a debt of gratitude and we honor you all not only today but every day. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do. The sacrifice you all have made gives me the freedom to say thank you!

I pray that you all will be embraced in His strength and love today and always!

RevJayErickson

No comments:

Post a Comment